mercoledì 9 novembre 2011

Happy Birthday, Breakfast!




Holly Golightly: How do I look?
Paul Varjak: Very good. I must say, I'm amazed. 


George Peppard as Paul ("Fred")



Holly Golightly: He's all right! Aren't you, cat? Poor cat! Poor slob! Poor slob without a name! The way I see it I haven't got the right to give him one. We don't belong to each other. We just took up one day by the river. I don't want to own anything until I find a place where me and things go together. I'm not sure where that is but I know what it is like. It's like Tiffany's.
Paul Varjak: Tiffany's? You mean the jewelry store.
Holly Golightly: That's right. I'm just CRAZY about Tiffany's! 







Holly Golightly: Thursday! It can't be! It's too gruesome!
Paul Varjak: What's so gruesome about Thursday?
Holly Golightly: Nothing, except I can never remember when it's coming up.


In my room




Paul Varjak: You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-you-are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness." You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself.


- I'll love you forever Audrey.

2 commenti:

  1. Che bello! Non sapevo fosse oggi il 'compleanno'.L'ho riguardato per l'ennesima volta per Halloween in versione restaurata <3

    RispondiElimina
  2. Oggi qui ci sono un mucchio di proiezioni della nuova versione restaurata *_* Amo & adoro!

    RispondiElimina